Friday, December 11, 2009

What an adventure!

Ok, Ok, so it's been almost a year since our last entry. I guess I've slacked just a little. But, wow... what a ride this past year has been. It has been a roller coaster journey of tears and fears, losing a job and starting new, sleepless nights and long fights- make up kisses and sweet dream wishes. It's amazing to think of all that we are capable up in those moments of despair. We can find a way to make it through when we remember that we really are NEVER alone. I have learned so much from our experiences and grown from trials and mistakes. It's funny when you realize that sometimes it takes those long trying journeys to make you remember who you are and what really matters- to rise to your potential. It's through these moments that we can be reminded of our great purpose and plan that is set aside for us. I know that there is a plan for me and what a humbling, refreshing thought that is to get me through each day! I have been truly blessed.
Paisley is 15months old now and little fire cracker! She keeps us laughing with an occasional roll of the eye ( or 2o) and keeps me on my toes!! She is such a ball of fun and joy and adds another spark to our home.
Stan is staying busy with the business and impressing me more and more each day. He has been so motivated and driven and excited about making things happen! He's a crack up as usual and yes, he also keeps me very busy! :P
As for me, I spend my days fantasizing about taking a luxorious vacation and lounging on an exotic beach... I kid, kid!! haha j.k. I am just enjoying spending more time at home being a mommy and playing with Paisley. I've enjoyed each new stage with her (except for her recent not sleeping phase!) she loves music and we love to dance and sing. I am loving her generosity of kisses lately and try to take advantage of it while it lasts! I cross my fingers each night that she will go to bed easily and stay down... I think a magic wand would work better. :)
Here are a couple pictures from the past year.







2 comments:

Jenn said...

Brooke! I'm so glad you're back in the blogging world; I hope it sticks :). Paisley is so cute. I can't believe how big she is getting, and the last I saw her she was just a tiny baby.
Remember how one time like 4 months ago we planned to get together and I canceled and we never rescheduled. Maybe we should do something about that. :) I hope things are going well and am excited to keep reading your blog updates.

The Story of Life said...

Little P is just so cute! I love all the pictures of her. Glad you are back! :)